Full course description
This course is designed to provide individuals with knowledge and resources to better accomplish their land management goals and to cultivate fire-educated communities.
- Provide participants with a basic understanding of the purpose, uselogistics, and benefits of prescribed fire
- Direct participants to locally applicable resources they can use to learn more or share with constituents
- Provide participants with contacts, particularly local contacts, who can answer questions about local fire issues and assist with fire implementation, programming, and other issues in the local area
- Basic Fire Knowledge
- How to Implement Prescribed Fire
- Air Quality & Smoke
- Fire Liability & Risk Reduction
- Wildlife Management
- Forest Management
- Prescribed Burn Associations (PBAs) and the Fire Community
- How to Connect With Your Fire Community
Opening June 20, 2022 11:59 PM (EST) to the public. Not a professional certificaiton.